Clogged Drains— Residential —
A clogged drain in your kitchen or bathroom can be the first sign of a much more serious problem. It can also cause a major issue down the road if a clog isn’t taken care of quickly. So when the first signs of a possible drainage clog appear, make sure to call All Clear Plumbing. We will clear out your clogged drain and fix other plumbing or drainage related issues that we come across!
SIGNS OF A CLOGGED DRAIN
- Water’s backing up out of the sink drain.
- Water’s building up around the shower drain.
- There’s a rotting smell coming up from the kitchen sink area.
- Water’s draining slowly after building up around the drain.
- Puddles of water are building up on the floor around the sink, bathtub, or shower.
- Water starts bubbling in the toilet when you run the sink water.
- When a drain starts making gurgling noises.
DRAIN CLEARING TIPS
- Try running hot water down your dirty or clogged drains for around 15 minutes.
- Plunge the dirty or clogged drain to try and release the blockage.
- Use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar and poor it down the problematic drain.
- Try using a drain snake to get rid of the blockage.
HOW TO AVOID A CLOGGED DRAIN
The best way to avoid clogged drains is making sure you’re taking preventative measures. All year round you should be cleaning and maintaining your drains. This will help keep your plumbing system working smoothly.
Drainage systems that are not cleaned and maintained will result in a buildup of hair, grease, and other harsh minerals that will greatly increase your chances of experiencing a clogged drain. Neglecting your house’s drainage system can also lead to damaged pipes that will lead to more severe issues.